0
comments
|
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Again, I am on my way to Groningen when I write this blog entry. It was
a tiring week. The Monday starts with working in Amsterdam. Tantra was
there too. Our tons of DVDs are arriving and we can burn again :P
This week, the company where I work, had a kind of evaluation of what
is going on with our firm and what their next plans are. I personally
think that this action is taken too late. Looking carefully at their
plans, I do not think they will succeed in their goals. But that is
not my business. :P
At the end of the working day when Gabor is left, Tantra and me were
chatting for more than half an hour. We are gossiping and talking about
everything. But one of the very important topics is about Bou. Tantra
knows him for 8 years plus. He also do not understand some of Bou's
actions.
Anyway, after the chit chat with Tantra, I took the train to Rotterdam.
On the way, I was thinking about my dinner. Every week, I am thinking
about what to cook and what to eat. Sometimes, it is nice to have a
dinner at my friend's place or at my place with my friends.
The next day was a working day for me at my U. I solved the problem of
cable connection between my computer and the microcontroller, which I
was very happy with. However, the smile on my face is just for a very
short sunshine, since the next huge problem is not easy to solve. Since
I am surrounded by so many problems, there is no other way to be a
hardworking-karfee.
At Tuesday evening, I had an appointment with someone from Marktplaats.
Since I want to buy a good bike for cycling to U. My previous plan was
getting a "roeifiets". Roeifiets is a bike which you use your arm to
move on in stead of your two legs. Doing some small researches on
internet, my hopes for getting this kind of bikes are gone. How can
they charge 3300euro for a bike??? If I have that money, I prefer to
go on holiday with my friends or give some donation to people who need
money or give the money to my family. I will also not be happy if
someone will give this bike as a gift, since I really do think it is
not worth to buy.
The deal of getting a bike, was not successfull. I asked Shabir to go
with me. After spending some Euros for calling him, he went with me to
the place where we took a look at the bike. I didn't like the bike,
because there some spots that did not look so good. The main reason
is also that it cycles not too comfortable.
The next day, I had an excursion of almost all the people from my
department. In the morning, Joyce (one of the secretaries) waited
for me at the trainstation, since the place where we all met, were
very far away from the station. Joyce wanted to give me drive. ;)
The day-out with my group was interesting. I noticed I belong more to
people who working in the Science world than people who are only looking
to get more and more money. I also want to get more and more money,
but that is because I want to use this money to give people a better
life. Today, when I was on the train and I read the newspaper, there
was an article about an 8 years old boy who worked in a balloon
factory. There was a picture of this boy. When you look at his body,
you can see that his underfeed and his body is mainly covered by a white
powder, which probably comes from the materials of the balloon. I really
hope I can succeed in my career to help these poor people.
At the day-out, I was one of the photographers. I took alot of pics.
yesterday, I stayed till 3am for creating a slideshow DVD for my group.
Some of my friends know what I mean what I mean since I have created
for some of you this kind of DVD, which consumes alot of time. I will
also put some of the pics on the web. So, do check my multiply account.
The next day was a meeting with Dafina. We had an appointment this
Tuesday too. But at that appointment, she did not have enough time
to discuss everything. So, we continued on Thursday. I also brought
her the figures she wanted to have for the US conference. Next week,
I will not go to the conference. My two supervisors will go instead.
Do I feel a bit disappointed? Actually not. Since I have many other
things to do. I am already very happy with my two publications :)
Meagan sent me an e-mail this week. She asked me if I would come to US
for the conference. I promised her that I will visit her when I go to
US and I will also stay at her appartment after the conference. Too
bad that I have to disappoint her. But I will save money to visit once.
Today, people were working on the floor. They made alot of noise.
Besides people were hunting for my DVD :P Piet came along and he wanted
to chat with me about my idea of how I make the oxygen sensor. It was
a very tough talk. He was happy with my programming part, but he had
a lot of comments in my read-out electronics. I really enjoy his attacks.
He made me strong and he made me feel like a guy whose brain is filled
with no cells. I learn alot from his experiences. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home