<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30810858?origin\x3dhttp://karfee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
0 comments | Thursday, April 10, 2008

Everything seems like a flash. Last week, I am told that my paper for the US conference has been accepted. Therefore, Dafina should definitely goes to US for the conference. I do not know if I can join her, because of budget issue. If Paddy allows me to go, then I definitely will go to US.

The funny thing is, is that conference is held from 18-20th of June. My birthday is in between. It will be my first time that I might be on trip while it is my birthday. To be honest, I do not care about that since I do not celebrate my birthday at all.

Anyway, this week, I finished with my poster. During the weekend, I encounter many programs in the design. Luckily, I have a very nice supervisor who helps me with designing and checking for my poor English. She usually laughs at my simple/informal English. :P Below, I include my poster.



My first poster for my second paper! I am sorry
for the bad quality, since it is a screenshot of a
PDF file and I edit that in windows basic Paint.


So far, I have written two papers. Both of them are accepted. Hopefully more will come, since I like writing stuff about what I work on.

Yesterday, I had my first conference. Many people from the Instrumention Lab (the 13th floor of EWI) went to the conference. I really could not believe that I am the only one M.Sc. student of all of them. All of them are P.hD. and they represents their work. Their work is huge compare to mine. I am very glad that do not "look down" at people as me who is just a little boy, with a little work.

The conference was very interesting! I met the big guy who set up the Sensor and Actuators. He is a Dutch professor. Besides, I was very happy to see Sjaak and Jorg to attend the conference. It was a while that I talked to them.

Oh, the programme of the conference can be found here. During the poster presentation and when I was standing next to my poster, there were people from the Industry who are interested in my work. They asked me to tell them about my work and about myself. They also gave me their cards. :)

It was a good experience. On the way back, I had a chat with a post-Doc. He recommended me to apply for a P.hD. position. He said, that he would help me. I really can't believe that. What is "wrong" with me? I really do not think that I do that great job so far. Besides, I doubt about my intelligence. But I am very glad that people trust in me. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home