<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30810858?origin\x3dhttp://karfee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
0 comments | Sunday, May 18, 2008

This Tuesday, when I was on my way to Delft, I saw some black smoke in the sky. I was sitting at the train and doing window sightseeing. At first sight, I wonder where it came from. But my questions had been answered when I took the bus to my U.

I did find very strange that there were so many busses to my U. But the bus route was totally changed. I thought, it was because of construction on the bridge. I really hate the working principle of the Dutch people. They are professional in mading a lot of mess. They are just a lower-class of junoir of constructing. Believe me or not, the whole stations in Holland is "under construction", which means, under a mess of crap.

Anyway, sitting in the bus, I talked to a lady, who told me that Architecture was in fire. At that moment, question marks are floating above my heads. Since I cannot imagine that that is true. When I step out of the bus I saw that the ugly black smoke coming out of the Archi building. At that moment, I understand why everything in Delft was so weird....

I wanna call Luna, since she studies there. Since she lost her handphone, I called her best friend Yan. But Yan didn't pick up the phone. I did not see any ambulance, so I think no people was hurt. Arriving in my faculty, I am told that no one was hurt, which release my breath. Those, who wanna see pics I took of the fire, go to my multiply.

Holland might be a nice place to stay for living or retirement. But many things in Holland really s*cks. One of the things are the fire that happens in my U. In the morning the fire already started. I am told by others that it took several hours that the firemen are arrived and took any actions. That is not a professional way to work.
Second, the fire was because of short-circuit (that is what it is said). But in the morning, all people from my faculty (EWI = Electronical Eng, Applied Maths and Computer Eng.) received an e-mail in which it is said that they are fired. How ridiculious could this be?! Later, another e-mail was sent to every in which they said it was an error. I personally, think that they sent the e-mail to the wrong people. Thus, someone must be fired, because he fire up the building?!
Third, the firement did really bad their job. There were just a few firemen working to extinguish the fire. Why just a few firemen???
Fourth, the way how they extinguish the fire is also weird. I might not know the professional way to turn off the fire, but I really do think the firemen did wrong. They didn't aim at the fire at all!
Fifth, because the lack of understand or skill of the firemen, the fire turned intow worse and worse. At first sight, only the first part of the building is burning. But the fire spread to other part of the building too later. This could be prevent!

Anyway, enough of this drama. The next day and the day after the fire, there were no busses to Delft. This city seems like a ghost city, where everything is burned and no living create is living. The whole campus is under construction, which is a totally mess. Besides, things getting worse because the trains also have their bad time: no trains and a unknown delay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home