<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30810858?origin\x3dhttp://karfee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
0 comments | Sunday, September 16, 2007

In the last two weeks, there are two good things pass by. First of all, I meet my cousin Hui Yee from Singapore on msn. While I am at working, I chat with her on msn. We talked about many topics. I feel that she does know how to get the correct answers from the questions she asks. For instance, I am a person who is not good in expressing my feelings and describing things. Hui Yee helps me alot by asking sub-questions. From the way how she asks, I can learn how to give the 'correct' answers when people ask me such a question.

You may wonder what my cousin asks me. What I can say is, is that they are the questions that many people used to ask or wanna to know, but never get the answers. Why that mysterious? Because, I was not an open person. Now I turn into more and more open. I shared my first trouble with Airin a few weeks ago.

Anyway, the second thing is about the introduction day in TNO Voeding in Zeist. The research centre of The Netherlands invite me to take a look at their company. A month ago (if I am not wrong), I discussed with prof. dr. ir. French about MSc projects. After hours of talking, I pick up the CO2 project. Then he invited me to attend at the meeting with the staff from TNO and two doctors from the hospital. So, I did attend the meeting and the staff from TNO liked to invite me to go to his place to take a look at his working area. He will also introduce his boss, which is the manager of the department to me. And so, I finally ends at their lab this week.
At the day of introduction, they show me lots of things. Besides they also test my chemical understanding. The mananger asked me: "will there any thing happen when CO2 gets in touch with water?" At that moment, I am digging in my braincells since I took chemics before when I attended at the Secondary School. So, from the very old data in my brain, I tell him everything I know about the question he asked me. Then, he looks very satisfied which I can rebreath thereafter. In my mind, I am talking to myself: please, don't ask me more questions since my memory is very limited. This can be proofed when I play the card game called "Memory". The cards is radomly shuffled and spread over the table. Then they are hidden and you have to find out where the two similar cards are. The moment after the card is hidden, is also the moment I forget which card it was 'gone'. Sometimes I am really surprised that things can stay in my memories for such a long time, such as the things of what I learned from school.

After the interview, I am asked to send them my CV. This weekend I update my CV and I am quite surprised by the facts that I have so many years of work experience, which is 15 years!!! In all these 15 years, I have worked in many areas. To be quite honest, I still do not really know what I like to do. At the other side, I also do not know what I do not want to do. I am quite happy with all the things I have done.

I hope that I can handle that project well. But the bad thing can be that the project will be cancelled because there is no budget (money issue) for this project. So, I cannot fully rely on this project and I do not know what I should do now. Since my motivation to work hard for this project is present, I want to assume that this project will continue. They are very enthousiast in the e-mail that they sent to me. And it seems that the chance is very big to allow to do my MSc thesis. But I won't fully count on that, but I just keep my fingers cross...


16July07
In the very early morning, Yanling is leaving for Italy because she has exam to do. We will meet each other in Holland again, which is tomorrow.

In the past two days, we almost have covered all the main things in Paris. Sixiu, Cindy and me do not have any special thing we like to see. We can take all the time to do visit a place.

In the morning we plan to visit a park called Jardin de Luxemburg. The weather is very bad: very cloudy and later at the day it rains! I am not able to shoot reasonable pics. But it doesn't matter since I have enjoyed today. In that park some classical performance is performed. It is a great pity that some of my classical musics are not played.

Let me show some pics with my comments:p


Look at the ladies and guess what they are doing.


What is Cindy doing here?


Sixiu doesn't want to do an action pose for the statue. :P


Cindy between the roses!


Sixiu between the roses!


Another flower pic. It seems like that we are in Holland now
because of so many flower pics.



The last one!


I personally like this snap of them very much.


I try to do HDR, but the result is not good...


I snap the couple. Look how nice this couple be.


Leaving the garden en going to somewhere.


To give you an impression how big the building is, I take the pic
at this way.



Typical thing for ice-cream lover :P


A snap of walk around pic.


The last pic of this day because it rains after this snap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home