0
comments
|
Sunday, August 05, 2007
I wanted to travel around in Europe a very long time ago. There was no-one
whom I can travel with in the past few years. But this summer gives a
180 degrees turn: I have visit from Singapore and they like to travel
around with me.
First of all, I am very happy to know them. Secondly, I am very glad to
receive them as my guests in my small room in Rotterdam and show the
country where I currently live. The last and not the least, one of them
is a sister of a friend of mine (Henry) whom I have studied with when I did
my exchange in Singapore. The pity was that Henry could not make it to
come to Europe.
This is a very long trip. Cindy (the sister of mine friend Henry), Sixiu
(Cindy's friend) and me have planned for this trip half a year ago. After
a long discussion through msn-chats and sending e-mails, we finally settle
a plan.
Thanks to them, I can share my travel-story with my other friends who
like to read my blog. Here is how the story goes....
06Jul07
I finished with all of mine exams and I have been recovered alot from flu
I got during the exams. That also means that I have failed for many
exams as well. I really feel very bad since this schoolyear was the worst
year I ever had in my whole school-life. Anyway, I tell to myself that
a good and memoirs of the Europe trip with Cindy and Sixiu would help me
to restart my life and face against from the worst year of whole my study-life.
I was ready to go!
At friday's morning, at the 6th of July, I fly to Milan to meet Yianling
and Yan Ling. They are Sixiu and Cindy friends. I fly to Milan, because the
flight (plus a trainticket to Turin, which is the place where Cindy and Sixiu live)
was much cheaper than the flight to Turin directly. Besides, I can walk
around in Milan too. So, why not going to Milan as well?
The begin of the Europe trip has a terrible start. My plane which has been
delayed for hours, has finally been cancelled. How disappointed I am!
I go to the information counter to claim my ticket and I want to know
if there are other options to fly to Milan or Turin. They finally give me
a ticket of KLM to Milan. I get a seat in the Business class. At the first sight,
I am less disappointed. But, the worst thing does not start yet!
That starts in Milan. I lost my luggage!!! In one of my luggage, I include my
tripod which I cannot miss for my purposes of photography. I am glad I
bought a new Lowepro bag for this trip since I can take that as my
hand-carry. Else I will fire the airport!
I really don't understand how they lost my lugage. I check in with others,
who put their luggages before and after me. They receive their bags and I lost
mine. I used to think that they will pay extra attention to the belongings
of people who travel in business class. But now I know that I have to
change my mind.
Anyway, arriving in Milan, I notice that things are smaller. To be more specify,
the seats of the train is smaller and the people are not tall at all. I belong
to the tallest guy which I hardly can imagine myself since all my Dutch friends
are at least 10cm taller than me.
The very bad thing of being tall is that I do not fit in many areas. Every where
I walk i have to be careful for not hitting my head for instance. On the way to
Yianling and Yanling' house, I miss the busstop without my notice. I have asked
the busdriver to warn me when I arrive at the place. But he gives me
a wrong call.
In Milan, people cannot speak English. If you try to talk to them, they will
avoid you and say "I cannot speak English" in Italian. Maybe I won't be
rejected if I am a (pretty) girl.
According to the plan, I would arrive in Milan at 9am in the morning. Because
of the delays and because of losing my luggages plus the way to both YL's house,
I finally arrive after 7pm. So, it is a waste of my whole day in Milan and also
motivation to take good shots.
07Jul07
Today I will go to Turin to visit Cindy and Sixiu and stay there for one night.
Cindy picks me up at Turin's station. Sixiu stays at home because she is still
sleeping. From this trip, I get know that Sixiu likes to sleep very much.
The first impression that Cindy gives to me is, "hey, she doesn't look like
her brother that much." Also in the way how she is, differs from her brother.
But Cindy says that other people have another opinion about that.
I had a small request when I arrive in Turin: I wanna do shopping for clothes
because I have nothing to change at that moment. In Italy, shops are closed
in the afternoon because they rest out. I think it is so weird! Anyway, I
go to her place first and I meet Sixiu there.
The impression that Sixiu gives to me, is that she is a mature girl. I also
notice very quickly that she is left-handed. After having small lunch, Cindy
and Sixiu bring me to shopping and walking around in Turin. The weather
was not perfect for shooting nice pics. But I have some pics of Turin here:

This is Cindy! We climb up in a tower (which I forget the name
already) to have a city-view. All the pics I share, are no
editting process applied.

The girl beside Cindy is Sixiu.

The most right one is Anna. Anna is the housemate of Cindy and
Sixiu. Cindy and Sixiu miss her alot when they seperated.

This bridge is a very famous bridge. It is the bridge for lovers.
Why? Check the next pic!

In this bridge, lovers buy a lock. They write their name on the
lock and they lock the bridge, which means that they will stay
together forever.

In the evening I am asked to take pics for their drawings that
they need to handle in to their teacher.
After shopping and walking around, it is time to eat. Cindy and Sixiu are
very excited about the typical buffet in Turin: you can eat all you can,
but you have to pay for your drinks only.
The drink is very special, but the food is not my type. The only thing I
like most is the salad. I eat very little at the days in Italy.
08Jul07
This is the first trip of Cindy, Sixiu and me. Florence is at the programme.
We take the train from Turin to Florence which is 4,5hrs! The train we take,
is a nice train (it is the Eurostar). Those hours fly! By the way, in the
morning we almost miss the bus to the train`station.
Florence looks OK at the first sight. After checking in hostel, we
immediately do some sightseeings. It is my third time that I stay in a
hostel. I used to stay in a hotel. The first time I stay in a hostel was
in London. Siumei arranged a weekend trip to UK with me. The second time
was in Lisbon. I was there for my first exchange programme.
The hostel where we stay was OK. I did not expect that much of a 'cheap'
hostel. If the beds are made of better quality, then I am very satisfied
with the hostel.
Let me share some photos of today.

This is taken in a parc. It is a very sunny day!

This is a famous church. Many tourists are walking around.

The day with a very nice sunset at the bridge.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home