<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30810858?origin\x3dhttp://karfee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
1 comments | Sunday, April 15, 2007

I slept very early and I woke up very early this week. My week started with working in Amsterdam. I woke up at 05:00AM and took the train of 06:30AM from Groningen to Amsterdam. After working I went to Rotterdam. I cooked my dinner and buy some stuff for other days and at 11:00PM I went to sleep since I had to get up at 06:05AM. At 07:28AM I took the train to Amsterdam to work again.

It was very boring at working since there were nothing much that I needed to do. My manager was absent, but he sent me an e-mail to give me orders. I finished his orders within one hour and the rest of mine time I was on msn to look for people to chat with. But there were not so many people whom I can have a nice chat. Besides, most of them were working too and were offline or they were attending lectures. This week the last quarter started. I had no mood to find out when I had my courses since I did not like attending courses. Maybe I will go to lectures next week. But let me see how my mood will be.

After finishing working in Amsterdam, I went immediately back to Delft, since I needed to work on my pacemaker project. I made an appointment with my professor last week and since I had no time to work on my assignment, I need to start working on it in the evening after I finished with working in Amsterdam. I took my dinner at the canteen of the sportcentre and after that I moved ahead to my faculty to work on my pacemaker project. While I enjoyed my dinner, I had an appointment with Faruk since he borrowed my camera last week, because his neice had a wedding and he had been asked to took pics. Because he did not have a 'good' digital camera, I offered him mine. He called me the day before to thank me for my camera. I told him that I needed my camera Thursday since I wanted to take pics at the badminton tournament.

The problems that I encountered with my pacemaker project made me very tiring, because I had no idea what was wrong with my design. Everything parts before integration worked perfectly and once they were attached into one big system, it failed! I feeled very tired and I lost my concentration. So I decided to go home.

The next day, I got up very early again, which was around 06:00AM. I had an appointment at 09:30AM with my prof and I did not want to show him any progressing of my project. Therefore I went very early to Delft to work on the project. I have never been so early at my University to work. I arrived at my department (18th floor) at 07:30h and in the fresh morning I could do things better. Finally I knew where the errors come from, but I was not able to solve them. During the meeting, I showed things to my prof and luckily he knew how to solve them. It was because I had to use other setting when I had to do simulation for the whole system integration. However, after fixing these errors, more mystrious things came out. We both had no idea how this could happened. While we did checks, I notice something strange that could lead to a failure in the system. That was, the very small delay of around 5 micros-second in the forward configuration. Now I am finding out if all time switches were correctly powered on and turning off.

Apart from working in Amsterdam and doing project, I reserve time for doing sport. Shabir, me, my prof and the secretary organise a badminton tournament for our department. It was a great pity that only my prof was joining. The other ones were too busy. But I am glad to see many PhDs joining the game. I also asked my student Zhoaduan to join us since he also belonged to our department soon. Below I add some pics of that day. Most of the pics were taken by Wangyan, since I was too busy with playing.


Shabir is on the left. Suhaib is on the right. Suhaib is doing his Master thesis about satelites that will be launched in the air this year.


In the middle you can see my prof (W. Serdijn). He was checking my schedule that I create. Left on the pic is Marion. She is the secretary of the professors.


This is the hall where we played the tournament. It is also the place where I play badminton for years.


This is Gunjan! He helped me when my cadence had errors. He is also doing his Master thesis.


The last and not the least, the groupphoto!

It was a tiring week. A week without many rest. But I enjoy this week very much.

1 Comments:

Blogger Francis said...

Good to see that you are doing sports too Kafee. Anyway, I will resume my gym session after my exams. BTW, why not add a chat box to your blog so that I can drop a message once a while

4:34 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home