<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30810858?origin\x3dhttp://karfee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
2 comments | Friday, January 19, 2007

This Thursday's morning when I go to the University and when I went out the bus, there was a very hard wind blowing in my face. At that moment I thought it was just the wind that always blew people away in front of mine faculty. Surprisely when I tried to walk to my building, I was also blown away (a bit) by the wind. When the wind was calm down, I immediately went to the entrance of my faculty.

I went to the canteen and some of my friends were sitting and asked me how I felt. They asked me if I know that today it would be very windy!!! The wind had a speed of 130km/h. hehehe...And looking through the window you can see people were blow away by the wind. The situation seemed worse and worse and finally people of the security-staff came along to block the roads for the cars and bikes. The whole road in the university was in the afternoon blocked. I should to take a camera with me to snap the moments.

Because of the storm, I could not go to Rotterdam since all kind of public transport was cancelled in the afternoon. Bou was leaving in the afternoon to his place. He told me to let him know if I could not go to home. Sherry (his girlfriend) offered me a place to zzz at their place.

First I thought I could go to Rotterdam by bus since I thought that the storm would not last for the whole day. In the evening the storm was indeed calm down alot. I also went to do buy some food to cook a dinner with Luna. Luna is a friend of Yan. I went to Luna's place to cook. And we did shopping to buy food to cook. While we were walking to the town to buy food, the wind was still very hard. But we were not blown away.

After the dinner, Yan joined us to talk and ate the food that I cooked. This time, my food was very terrible since I forgot what the receipt was. Next time, I will do it much better, I hope.

While, time flies when you have fun with talking. It was almost 10PM and I check information of the public. Only the bus could ride. When I check out more on the internet, I had no trust that the bus would ride. Therefore I was thinking what I should do. Luna offered me to stay at her dormitory. That was very nice of her. But I didn't want to stay at her dorm since we were not a very close friend and I didn't want to have gossips because at the place where she lived, many Chinese people live there. Chinese people are the well-known gossips-source. Therefore I decided to call Bou and to stay at his place with his girlfriend. At that night, I should be a "lamp" in their house (电灯泡) :P

Anyway, this Monday I had my first paper. It was not too difficult, but I don't know if my answers are sufficient/good enough to get the full credit. Time will tell later.

Next week, I have 3 papers. I gave up the exam on Wednesday (Analog IC Design) since I am running out of time. From the many years' experience, I know that it is better to focus on some papers. I need to start with the paper on Monday. I only look at the slides of one part of the course so far. I have the feeling that I will fail for that course since I didn't prepare at all. I will see what I can do tomorrow.

Today, I open msn space for fun only. I only put some pics on the space. I keep blogspot as my blog. And I still use multiply for my serious work of photography. I use my space for others. Go and check it out: my msn space

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Karfee,

I can finally give you a comment with a gmail account. =) Frankly, at that kinda wind speed, I think its pretty high chances that I will get "blown off". Haha. So now I know, never ever go to Holland in January? =P Don't think too much about your exams, just try your best and it's good enough. =) Catch you soon... Take care!!! =)

Shan "The Pig with a Pig Name"

12:06 pm

 
Blogger haha said...

Hello Shan!

I am so surprised by your tag in my blog! I thought it was another friend of mine since she likes pig very much. :P (I dun wanna mention her name, since she will know that I mention about her).

By the way, it was not common that we have that strong wind. It should snow and not to blow :p However, the weather changes alot in the past few years. In 2006 we didn't have any snow and I guess the temperature has never been lower than ZERO so far which is very weird.

Anyway, I hope to talk to you very soon. :) Drop me a message to let me know when you have time!

1:05 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home