<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30810858?origin\x3dhttp://karfee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
0 comments | Tuesday, January 02, 2007

HaPpY NeWYeAr!!! Let all the ones who drop in my blog having a very nice plus unforgetable 2007!!!

This year my families and me didn't cook for a dinner, but we went all out for a dinner at the restaurant where I have my part-time job. Because since we took care of the two children of my bosses, they asked us every year to have a dinner at their place. And since this was the third time that they ask us, we thought we have to go.

To be quite honest, I didn't like to have a New Year dinner outside. I prefer to cook together and eat with my families only. Maybe my thought is a bit traditional...Anyway, maybe next year, we are with our own families only.

At the New Year evening, when it was almost 12AM, I gave a call to all my friends. I didn't succeed to get anyone on the phone. Before 12AM, I got a call of a friend who had a baby. She leaved the hosiptal at New Year's Eve and when she was at home she gave me a call to wish me happy New Year. I asked her whether the baby was born and it was. The baby is a girl. Oh, I forget to ask the name. Well, I will ask her later.

That call of my friend, was the ONLY call from so friends I have. *Sigh*, the number of calls decreases every year. Also the numbers of cards. I think the time when I received so many cards and phonecalls are now over. Today, poeple have their own life and another priorities. I have to get used of it.

By the way, apart from the less 'happy' things, I have something nice to share. This week, I mean yesterday, I gave a phonecall to a friend who lives very far away from me. I never called her before since we used to chat on msn or writing e-mails. Surprisely, she recognised who I am through the phone although I didn't gave her any hints. I think I am very bad in pulling someone's leg. Within a few words, she says, "hey, it is you!". In the future, when I am married, I think I cannot hide any things from my wife. That might ber bad for me..hehehe
Anyway the phonecall was short, but long enough for saying "happy New Year!". I hope that when she read this blog is getting better since she is sick.
There were times that she said that she wanted to call me. But because she mention that she is very shy on the phone, so that is why she doesn't call me every time she wanted to chat with me. When I yesterday called her, I didn't notice that she is shy on the phone. Maybe my senses were not sensitive enough to detect her embarrassment.
However, she said that she was very surprised by my call. That is positive mean. So, I am glad to can make someone happy with my surprise, altough my surprises are so limited.

Before I wanted to call that friend, I wanted to call my relatives in Malaysia first. I could talk to some of them only because the other ones were inaccessible. This might be the result of the earthquake that happened a few days ago in Taiwan which broke the phonelines to Asia and the internet. In Malaysia and in the part where my relatives live, there is water-flood. I have no idea how my relatives have been now. I think they are fine since sometimes I see my cousin's msn on- and offline. That is an indication that their house is safe and which might also means that the houses of other relatives are safe as well because they live quite nearby. But I do worry them because I haven't heard their voice so far.

Returning on the New Year's Eve, my brother Cheah was also present which makes me happy. He came with my uncle. It had been a while that I see him because he went seldom to home. Below this is my brother:


He was enjoying the icecream that my other brother (Kar Loong) prepared for him. Below the picture of Kar Loong and Patsy:


My other brother, Kar Wei, took icecream too. He spent most of his time with our cousin Kha Kit. Kha Kit is the one with the glasses:


After the dinner, we went back to our my cousin's home to play firework. The little kids gave me mainly the "BANG" fireworks to play, which I didn't like that much. But since they liked to play with other kind of firework, I had no choice. The most important was that they enjoyed the New Year's Eve.

Every year, my cousin from Lelystad visited us at New Year. Today, they were here! I like my cousin because he has a very good heart. His wife is also a very good person. They are perfect matched. They have two beautiful daughthers which you can see here:



The one above, is Xin Jie and the one below is Xin Lin. Xin Jie is one of the very very very few girls who is in my heart PRETTY. She has a bit like-look with my prettiest cousin in Malaysia who is a little sister of the father of these two daughters. Xin Lin is a very spontaneous girl with lots of smile and care for people. She is not so pretty as her sister but inside she has the beauty that many people don't have.

OK, so far my families. Yesterday I discovered the singer who I liked very much. It is not because of her look but her music. It was very very very long time ago that I downloaded her songs as many as possible. I am talking about the time when broadband was just introduced and I downloaded her songs with my phoneline which means it was very slow and needed lots of patience to get what you want.
How do I discover who her? Well, I surf on youtube for songs which I like to download. And by any chance I found a song that sounds so familar in my ears. I specified in searching for that singer and finally I know she is the singer that I liked.
The funny thing is, is that she comes from Singapore! Plus she is an actrice as well. When I watched Singapore dramas during the summer, she was playing in The Women Time as well! She is very mean to hide her ID or maybe I am so silly to 'forget her'. :P
OH MY GOD!!! When I google for her picture to put it on my blog, I find a picture of her when she played in a movie that I like very much as well! How increditable can't it be that I see her all the time although I don't know that she is the one who I like her music and acting in the movie calls "Zhen Xin Hua" ('true words', if I translate that and the English title of the movie is "The Truth About Jane and Sam"). I start liking her, hehehe...


I know very well that when the movie came out, I was attracted by it. It was not because Fann played in that movie, but because the trailer and the soundtrack hit my heart.
In that year, it was my first time that I went on holiday without my parents but with my two cousins. I was very disappointed and and fed up with of the fact I couldn't see that movie finally because I had to go back to Holland. At that time I didn't know the title of this movie. The only thing I thought was that it was a Singaporean movie.
Many years later, my cousin came to my home with that movie! I watched and enjoyed it very much! It has a very good story. I should buy this movie to show my support to the artits (Fann Wong and Peter Ho), director and the many crew behind the screen. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home