<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30810858?origin\x3dhttp://karfee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
0 comments | Sunday, October 22, 2006

I am crazy of the amount of phonecalls I have today. My relatives call me again for help. The first one is my cousin who asks for advising to buy a mouse. The second one is my aunt. She is starting with a cafetaria. She asks me to design a logo that she will use as their image of their cafetaria. I cannot say no to her since my uncle (her husband) is very nice to us. Because of my uncle I do so many things for her.

Well, my aunt sends me a link with the kind of logo she likes to use. She mentions to adjust some small changes in the design and if I like I can change the whole design. Since all pics from the internet have their copyright and since they are used for commercial purposes, it is very sensible to create one (by myself). Although I have to face to my books (study), I start with designing the logo. This is finally my design:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When I send this logo to my aunt, she immediately says that it is very ugly and ask me to redo. She wants to have the logo that she mentions about on the phone. I have to copy the logo and adjust small changes in the message in the dialogbox plus some small changes in other stuff. Here you can see the orignal one follows by the one I adjust:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I really don't like the logo that she likes. First, it is nothing more than a copy. Second, it is copyright protected and so it is sensible to not use it. Third, the logo is too childish. My design is also childish. I do that because I thought that my aunt will like the childish style. Fourth, somehow I don't feel very happy to hear the 'way' how my aunt talks to me on the phone. It is not because she dislikes my logo (my logo might be "ugly" and I am not the person who know her taste, and taste differs from person to person). But it is the "careless" reaction she shows to me on the phone. I mean, it seems that I need to standby for her all the time: she assumes that I will work on the logo next week because she thinks that I have vacation. Also, she always thinks that her thing is the most important, no matter how busy I am. With other words, I don't have the feeling she will care of others. I never forget the moments she forces me to help her with her troubles at the time when I fight for my last and the biggest Bachelor-project two years ago. Also, every time when I complete my task, she rarely thanks me.

Some of my friends know the fact that I don't like my aunt very much. From all these years, I get used of the way she is. But sometimes I am really mad at her. But I will rarely show my emotion since I am not the person who likes to express my feeling. But people who know me well, may know that there is something wrong with me when I get mad. My good friend Fung never understands why I cannot say "No!" to my aunt. But there are many things involved which is very hard for me to say NO to her for the things she asks me to do.

I like helping people, but there are some people who I do not like to help. Some of them make me very tired. And some of them make me very happy because I can give them my support.

Now my mood for doing something meaningful is completely gone. But fortunately, I have talked to someone who I send the E-card. Although the chat is very short, I am glad to the chance to talk to her. She hasn't checked her e-mail yet. So, she still doesn't not receive the E-card.

This week is amost over. Next week, it is a week off for studying. Also, this Friday, I receive my Bsc-diploma. Patsy says she likes to come. And I have to remind Siu Mei for getting the diploma, else she will be mad at me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home