0
comments
|
Sunday, September 24, 2006
This week, I have been very busy with many things around me. They are not related to my studies, as what most of my friends think of. In stead, they are about the things that happen suddenly. For instance, I have to put a lot of energy in choosing a new person who will live with me and the other guy in Rotterdam's room. Also, the appointments with my International Master Students take me lots of time. There is one typical thing that I notice during the lunch meeting. The students have never had a lunch with me so far. Most of them have had their lunch already.
I spend too much time on trying to be a good mentor. I even don't have time for myself anymore this week. Last Thursday, I spend some hours on working on my research in the development in improving the pacemaker after I have had my dinner. It is a rush work and I feel a bit guilty to my professor that I do not spend enough time on it. Therefore I tell myself that I focus more on my studies and try to be less 'good' as I wish for the International Students.
Every weekend, when I am at home (in Groningen), I am very tired. After being busy at the University, I have to rush to work in Groningen. I notice that I am very sleepy in the whole weekend. I thought I can handle that. But that was past since I am very weak now after such a very-serious operation. And maybe I am getting old as well. When I did gym this schoolyear (in September), I could not take many weights. For instance, before the operation, I could weight lift for max 70KG (lie down on a bench). I started warming up with 50KG although I cannot have more than 40KG currently. I hope I will get stronger later. There is one thing that I am afraid of. That is the training for my belly. My 6packs turns to 1pack after the operation and I don't want to force my belly. My belly was of my strongest part in all the gym exercises. But now, it is the weakest.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home