1
comments
|
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Currently I am at my friend's house. There are lots of things I have to do. For instances keep all the International Msc Students updating about our next meeting. This week I have met them. Most of the International Msc Students come from China. And some of them from Europe. In the past few days (to be more precisely: 2,5 days), I have worked for 38hours!!! I started at 8AM and end at 10:30PM. What have I done? Well, I worked as an IT co-worker. My task was to help International Students for fixing their notebooks and installing three kind of internet accounts we use in my University. I like that job very much since I can get in touch with the students and my colleagues.
At my last day, one of the project managers offers a very great part-time job. I am asked to take participation in a very huge project that many big companies sponsor. For instances companies of "Rotterdamse Haven" (Rotterdam's Harbor). One may know that the harbor of Rotterdam had been the world's largest harbor. Anyway, the project is about building small models of the living in Holland. There is a link of the project: project
My task is doing the programming in assembly languages (it is one of the computer languages at one level above the binary coding). I have to control the car traffic. For instance, once the car approach the corner, it has to be slow down and show its blinker. I always want to control the car. That will be a chance and beside it is very challenging for myself since I am the only one that have to do this project. I have thought about someone to help me since I might be busy with my study.
To be quite honest, I don't understand why the project manager picks me up for doing such a great task. I am not the smartest one among all the people. He asks me many time for the job. When he leaves, he also says that he is waiting for my reply. Today I have sent him an e-mail to ask more information about my task. I am really very happy that I have such a great chance. And sometimes I doubt that I cannot handle.
There is one more good new: my neighbour will move out!!! I am very happy to hear that. Soon I will have a nice and clean room without the worry of that someone uses my stuff without my permission etc.
By the way, this week, there is an anual event in Rotterdam. It is the "Wereldhavendagen". At that event, there was firework you can see. Yesterday I went out to shoot firework. One of my shots is here:
WereldhavendagenIt was my time that I see firework in Rotterdam. I notice that the firework is quite differnt from the one in Singapore. The firework here is not so "big" and most of the shots stay at the same height. Therefore some of my pics are overexposed or losing details of the pattern of the fireworks.
The last thing I want to mention is my forum that me and my friend have created. At our forum one you can find our self created forum. No matter whether you are international students or locals are allowed to join as well. Our goal is bringing all the students in Netherlands together. Let's make our life more beautiful!

1 Comments:
See see Karfee! I have been telling u all the time that ur smart! Otherwise he wouldn't be asking u for that project right! =D I'm happy for u ah! And the pic is well taken! Keep it up! And too bad u couldn't come today... Take Care!
9:56 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home