<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30810858?origin\x3dhttp://karfee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
0 comments | Saturday, November 11, 2006

Last weekend I was not in Groningen, because I have organised a party for the international students in my room and the room of my neighbour. Before I continue with writing the party, I highlight what I have done before.

Last week, I have had appointments with my two friends and my teacher Dr. Ir. Serdijn. Dr stands for PhD and Ir stands for Master of Science in Engineering. It had been years ago that I have seen these two friends. We are not close friends but we grab a drink when we have time. I go to Amsterdam to meet them. I am glad to see them back after such a long time. We are all still students though. We talk and laugh a lot.
At the same day, before the meeting with my friends, I have an appointment with Serdijn. Nowadays I usually call him by his name: Wouter. That seems very unusual for the way how I approach my teacher, but in his mail he uses his name a lot. Anyway, the meeting is with no doubt about my pacemaker project. That project lasts me for a very long time, which takes me lots of time. I don’t have the feeling that I do that very well, since I pay too less attention on it and I have spent too much time on it which isn’t allowed actually. I think my mark for this project will be very unsatisfied.

Last Friday, my friend Eileen had her graduation presentation. That week, I went to her room to give my comments of the way how she prepared her presentation. And at Friday, the big day started. Her presentation was easy to understand. But there were some aspects that she had to adjust. For instance, the time-division for the subjects. Some subjects were too short discussed compare to others which there were some uncompleted discussions that are important to get a higher mark.
We were all allowed to be present at her defence of her thesis-presentation. She was at that moment very curious. I noticed that by she is uncertain of her statement. But she could stay pretty calm which most of people couldn’t do that once they get nervous.
Finally her teachers left and did discussion of the mark that they liked to give. When they came back, they say that Eileen had passed for her Master thesis with a 6,5. That mark is not what she likes to have and a very disappointment face was drawn on her face. I can understand that very well since all the energy and time you spend on it, seem not be well paid back. A 6,5 on the scale of 1 to10 for the thesis is not a good mark for a thesis. But she has to live with it since that is already a fact. Now Eileen is a Master of Science in Architecture. Below there are some pics I select at her presentation:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is Eileen! She is testing her slides.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the thing she has to do for her Master thesis.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A family photo! (Without her boyfriend though.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The groupphoto of the people who was invited to be presented at her graduation.

After the Eileen’s presentation, all her friends and her family are invited to have a dinner in Rotterdam. I was also present at the dinner. These are the pics I took at the dinner.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the table where Eileen sits. The guy with a cyan shirt on the left corner is her boyfriend.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the table where I sit.

After the dinner, Eileen's parents had to leave. Only some of the friends left who went to grab a drink. There was nobody at the cafe where we finally had a drink. The first cafe where we went, was too crowd. Here are some pics:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I continue later with writing....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home