<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30810858?origin\x3dhttp://karfee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
0 comments | Saturday, January 27, 2007

This week I have almost finished with my exams. There are two essays left that I need to write. And there are two orals that I want to do. This Monday, I was really tired. At that day, I get up very early since I have exam in the morning. That exam was very tough. Again, I blame on myself that I need to study serious in stead of lazying all the day. People who are as lazy as I am, should know what I mean.

By the way, after that exam, JW sends me a sms in which he tells me that I must go to Leiden. This week, I start a medical course in Leiden as well. I am not allowed to skip more than 1 practical assignment. If I do that, then I am removed from the course. Since I have exam at Tuesday, I already miss one practical assigment. And if I don't show my face on Monday, then I am dismissed. Therefore JW sends me a sms.

I was so tired at Monday. I really don't have any mood to go to Leiden. The only thing I like to do is lying in my bed to take a nap. But I still go to Leiden. Arriving at the LUMC (Leidsche Universiteit Medische Centrum), stands for medical university of Leiden, JW and another person from Delft are waiting for me in front of the entrance. We go to the "cut room" together. In the cut room, you can find a human body or a part of a human body. Since I apply for the course "introduction into neuroscience", I have a brain and a skull of the human at my table. I thought that human's brain is a very 'soft' tissue, like a pudding. But it is more 'stable'/solid than a pudding. The cut lesson takes 4 hours! In those hours, a medicine students show us what the names of the parts of the brains, which bores me for hours. Those names are very horrible to keep in my mind. It is very long and hard to pronounce.

The practical assigment of the medical study differs alot from the practical assigment in Delft. In Leiden every thing is shown to you. And if you don't understand, the so called student-assistance will explain to you till you nod your head. In Delft, you have to survive for every assigment. Nothing is explianed to you and if you cannot answer the questions that the student-assistance asks you, then you have to make your bum clean for next schoolyear to come back to redo the practical assigment. But last years, the student-assistances are much more friendly and far less strict then the time when I did the practical assigments in my Bachelor.

The next day, at Tuesday, I have the exam of Bio-electricity. For that exam I need format my memory since I have to put all the stuff in my mind. I hate exams where I need to learn by heart since my memory-size is very limited. But the exam was so so. It is slightly more difficult than what I expect.

After that exam, I feel as free as a bird! Although my exams are not formally over. This week, I realise that I need to write 2 essays, which they take off my smiles. So, today I finally make a start with writing. I try to finish them by next next week then I can focus on my 2 orals.

The Wednesday, Yan was celebrating her birthday. I am luckily invited to attend at her birthday party. Although I don't know her friends, except Luna, I was present at her birthday party. I brought my camera with me to take pics. Here I have created a wallpaper of her birthday.



Although I took pics, I also helped her with preparing the dinner. I cook two very simple meals which are 1. eggs with tomato and 2. steamed brocolli.

The dinner starts pretty late. I don't have time for having a talk with everyone. But the birthday party was pretty nice. It was a long time ago that I attend a birthday party.

I did a very stupid mistake this week. I thought that Xiu Wen has her birthday too at the 24th of January. I called her at that day, but she said she has her birthday at the 27th! How stupid can I be to forget my little cousin's birthday! Let me blame on the exam of bio-electricity since my memory is overloaded with that course.
However, there is one more who has his birthday on the 24th. That is Sing, the brother of Bou. Congrat to him!!! I wish him having a girlfriend this year. hehehe...

Yesterday, I am invited by Luna to have a dinner at her place. I notice that people who come from China, really have other kind of food than what my mom cooks. I like to try food of different countries. Anyway, after the dinner, we have a talk. Luna takes my hand and read the lines in my hands. She said that she learned "hand-reading" before. But now she forgets many things. Although I don't believe in that kind of stuff, I won't refuse to let people read my hand and talking about "cows and chicken". Her conclusion is that I am a guy who takes love very seriously. And in my whole life, there is one moment that hurts me very much. I am very surprised by her conclusion that is drawn from my hand. Since I really have been hurted before. Although she is correct, it that doesn't make me to believe in fate and superstitious stuff.

This weekend, my mom has her birthday too! And the day after, my buddy Nancy has her birthday too! I didn't buy any present for my mom yet. I think about a retour ticket to Singapore will be nice. But I need to earn and save money first. Nancy asks me if I like to go to Amsterdam to have "dim-sum" with her and Airin. It is kind of celebration of her birthday among us only. But I cannot go since I want to stay at home with my mom. I feel sorry for Nancy but I am sure she understands that. My buddy is a very wise person. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home