0
comments
|
Friday, August 10, 2007
This week, I have talked to professor French about the Msc. projects.
One of the projects is about removing cancer in brain's tissues. But that
has already been taken by other student. So, I have to choose other
project.
After almost an hour of talking about the available projects, I have
made my potential choice. The new project is about developping a chemical
sensor with which we can measure the carbondioxide concentration in
tissues that are in a solution. With this sensor, we are able to measure
the CO2 in intestine since with the help of measusing the oxygen, oxygen
saturation, the temperature and the pH value, we can say something about
the condition of the tissues. This project is in cooperation with TNO
(the Dutch national research centre) and with Erasmus Medical Centre
(hospital in Rotterdam) and with my university.
Professor invites me to attend at the meeting next day since I can
meet one of the project starters from TNO. He can provide me more
information about the project. So the next day I attend the meeting
and the first thing that I notice, is that he talks in a "scienctific"
language. I am glad that I took Chemics at my secondary school. Else
I think I can forget this project because I don't understand him.
Anyway, this project is very though. It is mainly chemics and I
personally think that my skill is not good enough. I really don't
want to disappoint people who trust me. This year I have disappointed
many people, including myself. I also I lost the confidence I always
had in myself...
Overall, I am invited by TNO to take a look at their research centre
that is located in Zeist. The head of that project will inform me
in more details about the work I have to do. I am ready for that day
and I also hope that I can gain confidence I had in the past since
I was the one who can bring wonders for people...
That is the main thing of this week. This week I have also met many
good friends of me. Yesterday, Lynette treated Lili and me for a
Japanese dinner because we both have had our birthday. It was a big
surprise and hereby I want to thank Lynette again for the delicious
dinner.
Let me continue with my story of the 18days trip in Europe. Here
starts part2:
09Jul07
The day before I almost have visited all the highlights. Cindy suggests
to go to Pisa. Sixiu and me agree and we leave in the begin of the
afternoon. In the morning we go to some places in Florence and after
that we take the train to Pisa.
Pisa is a very small town. The most outstanding thing is the Pisa
tower. It is very funny to see how many tourists do the same pose
in front of the Pisa tower. The weather was good in the few minutes,
but it turns bad when we almost leave. I manage to take some interesting
shots. Here you can see them:

In the early morning we climb up in the Duomo Belltower of
Florence. It is nothing special actually.

In the afternoon we go to Pisa. It is very crowded there.

This is one of the shots that I like. The cloud might be a little
overexposed.

Many people there do the same pose as this.

When we go bak to Florence, we check out at the hostel and after that
we seperate since Cindy and Sixiu go back to Turin and me go to Milan.
While we are on our way to Florence, we try to contact Yan Ling and
Yian Ling to let them inform their housemates about my coming in Milan.
However, they finally didn't contact their housemates which me and their
housemates are in a situation of don't-know-what-to-do situation.
Anyway, the next day I go to do vist Milan alone.
10Jul07
After having breakfast, I go to explore Milan. I go to the palace
first to take some IRs. Surprisely, I receive my lugagge back yesterday'
night.
The color pics turn out nothing special, but my IRs turn out good.
Here are some shots:

I tried to do HDR since at this part, the sun-direction is not good.

After shooting color pics, I shoot some IR. This is inside the castle.

This is the park outside the castle.

This is the castle itself.

After the castle I walk to the Duomo. Duomo is (I think) the biggest
church in Europe. It is a beatiful church but the ads make it very
ugly! Let me show you what I mean:

the Duomo, makes it so ugly.
I walk around the Duomo and I try to find a good angle. These are some
of the shots of the Duomo that I like the most:

I challenge myself to shoot Duomo from another perspective
where the sun is shining to me.

I personally like this statue very much.

pity to see the lamp in front of Duomo.
After shooting, I go back to both YL's house.
11Jul07
In the early morning we are leaving for Barcelona. Both YL and me are
in the plane. It is my first time to fly with Vueling. I don't like
this airplane since pilot is not careful enough when he drives the
plane.
Anyway, the start in Barcelona is horrible. I lost my lugagge for the
second time! This time, I am able to get my tripod, but the bag with
my clothes etc are for an unknown reason lost. I was mad at the services
in all the airport since no one can provide me any useful information
about my lugagge.
So, in Barcelona I have to do some shopping.
Arriving in Barcelona, I call my good friend Celeste. She is still there
for doing her exchange. I am very glad to see her again. She turns out
more brown. She is even more brown than me, altough I become more brown
too.
Well, Celeste brings my friends and me to good place to eat and to sight
seeing. I really have to thank her. This time in Barcelona, Celeste take
pics of us only. Unfortunately I don't receive any pics of her of us. So,
I cannot show. But I have other pics that you all can look at.

Ta ta, Celeste in Barcelona. We meet each other again after not
see each other for half a year.

Look how satisfied Sixiu is with the delicious lunch that Celeste
introduces us.

Cindy got it how nice the food is. Ichiban!

Walking at the Ramblas, you should take a pic with the
'umbrellas' on the wall.

We climb up in the tower to see the port. It is too bad that we are
behind the glass.

I need to do shopping for clothes since I lost my lugagge. This is
the shopping mall where I bought my clothes in Barcelona.

A groupphoto at the port. Celeste was not there because she was
with her boyfriend.

This is the restaurant where Celeste regular eats. Look at the
desserts!

Finally, this is one of the shots I like. It is a waste to be behind
the glass.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home