0
comments
|
Sunday, August 23, 2009
My week started with a sms in which my friend, Patrick, asks me a favor. He wants to stay at my place for one week, since there was a very serious affair with his ex-girlfriend. Recently they broke up. They both lived together in Rotterdam and their relationship lasts for 6 years. Since he cannot stay in Rotterdam with his ex, he asks me if I am able to offer a place for him.
Patrick works in Rotterdam and it is easier for him if he could stay in Rotterdam as well. I told him, it is not a problem to stay at my place. The week he wants to stay at my place is the week that Karen left.
Who is Karen? Don't think she is my girlfriend. I know Karen when I was in Singapore for my exchange programme. We first met at our Host-Family-Programme. Gohs, that was 3 years back already! I settle my mind to save money for a trip to Singapore/Malaysia next summer, 2010. Karen was here for vacation. She was touring Europe and she will pass by Holland. I offer my place to stay if she does not mind to stay with me in the same room.
When I met her at the Rotterdam Central Station, she was the last passenger that got out the train. She had a lot of stuff with her that surprises me a bit. Karen does not change at all. I still can recognise her and she me.
I took Karen to sightseeing Amsterdam and Rotterdam. The first day is just resting out, since she arrived at 7.45PM. The next day, I brought her to Amsterdam to see windmills, visiting the Red Light District, walking around Amsterdam and treating her for an Italian pasta dinner, since she wanna try the pasta here.
The next day, I showed her Rotterdam. We went to the open market in Blaak, visiting the Cubic Houses, the bridges, the town itself, going to the Euromast (Rotterdam's tallest tower) and I cook typical Dutch food for her.
Her final day was just seeing the Formule 1 in Rotterdam. The town was very crowded. I also brought her to the China town. I will upload some pictures next week, since I forget to bring them with me. :P
At the same week, I should meet my canteengirl for a photoshooting. I did not contact her, since Karen was here. Besides, Lukasz, a Polish post-Doc came to my office. He said that he is in charge of my project now. So, I think he is my new supervisor. We used to talk about photography, since he likes to know how I shoot pics and how I retouch my photos.
I am glad I have him as my supervisor. At least, he understands my difficulties and he is able to give me good feedbacks and I can open a good discussion with him. He asks me how far I am with my thesis project. I told him, I will write my last chapter of my thesis. In that chapter he can read what I have done so far and I promise him to give that chapter by the end of next week. Although, I have 7 days to finish, my days are reduced to 3, since Karen was here. So, after that Karen left, I was like a crazy bee working on my thesis. While I was writing, I noticed that one of my measurements was not good. I need to redo the test with a new solution. This bug bothers me the whole week, since my new solutions did not work. So, I miss that paragraph in my chapter. I told Lukasz about that and he is fine with that. :)
This week, Patrick sent me a sms that there is no need to stay at my place this week, since he got something else to do. He said he got trouble again and he went to his parents' house for resting out.
Jok called me this week to ask about printing photos I retouched for him. So, he asks me if I can check around where he can do extreme large prints.
In the meanwhile, some new models contact me for a photoshooting. It took me a lot of time to discuss the theme and setting up stuff, since I want to do more and more professional shoots.
Yesterday, my cousin visited me. Xin Lin has grown a lot! She is now taller than her sister. I teached my cousin how he can re-install ad format the computer. Besides, we went to have a dinner. I took some pics with my iphone of Xin Lin and Xin Jie. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home