0
comments
|
Friday, October 23, 2009
This week is almost over. My week started with a huge delay of the stupid train from Groningen to Rotterdam. I stucked in Meppel. The train driver said the police is on the rails to look for the mess to clean. That stupid excuses let all of the passengers waited for hours! In total, I had a delay of 2.5hours! When I arrived in Rotterdam, I had no public transport to my room, since it was already 01.00AM.
My stupid supervisor (Piet) came along this Monday. He told me he ordered Helium gaseous last week. He excpected that the bottle will arrive at the end of this week or begin next week. However, he should do this much earlier, since I have been waiting for his response for more than 1 month already! If I didn't tell my new supervisor (Lukasz) about the bad supervision of Piet (indirectly), I think Piet "somehow" forgets to order the bottle for me.
There is one thing left that I didn't ask Piet. A few months ago, when he was testing the O2 sensor, his circuit somehow failed to work. I didn't know if he had fixed that issue. I asked him to test the O2 sensor on his circuit (that he copies from TNO) before he handles that to me. But somehow, he refused to do that. I will wait for the moment that comes when me, Lukasz and Piet were looking at the O2 sensor at his circuit. If his circuit failed, then I hope Lukasz will get know how bad Piet was doing his job.
The bottle arrived yesterday. I expected I can start testing. But he said that we couldn't do that, since he borrow the T-tube that will be placed on top of the bottle to a group in Dimes. He said, he contacted them to bring the T-tube back, but they didn't reply his e-mail. Suspectly, Piet said the guys were on vacation.
I was quite mad at him. But I didn't have the energy to scold him. I kept that after I received my MSc title. He didn't have the knowledge of the area he is working on. He even cannot arrange things for students. Like, he wanted to place the bottle next to my table. I said that this is a very bad idea, since my photodiode is very sensitive to environment light. He should know that, since he provided me that photodiode for testing. I gave him a solution where he can place the bottle the best.
Anyway, enough about him. This week, I meet Hoiwan and Lynette for dinner. I almost forgot I have a dinner appointment with the ladies. We went to eat sushi. I noticed that the food quality of the Japanese restaurant became worse and worse. I have been to two different Japanese restaurants to eat. None of them satisfied me.
During the dinner, the ladies were asking me about the photo-album of Lili's wedding. I didn't bring them with me. I was also forgotten to show them, since I was showing the photo-album of Ann's wedding to Ann and her sister the day before. The day after the dinner with Hoiwan and Lynette, Lili wanted to come along to see the first 20 pages of her wedding. So, I collected the photos and showed her. She and Samuel were very happy with the work so far. :) I will share the photos when the photo-album is complete on my blog.
I was busy working on advertisement for my last commercial shoot. This time, I let a real professional for retouching one of my photos. We had a deal. He worked for me on one image for 250euro!!! Let me share such a expense photo with you.

Renske V. The commercial shoot for the winter collection
What do you think of this photo? Is it worth to spend money?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home