0
comments
|
Saturday, January 26, 2008
This week, is a very shocking week. My week starts with working in Amsterdam. My manager
asks me what I like to do after my graduation. I tell him the truth that I do not know.
Then he offered me a fulltime job, which he surprised me.
I have worked in that IT company for almost one year. At the day of my interview, I have
the feeling that this is the company where I like to work for as a part-timer. I have not
thought about sticking to it for the rest of my life.
I learn alot in this company. Although it is an IT company and where my task is to test
the quality of their products they produce, as in the field of hardware and in software,
I never have had any pressure when everyone is facing the deadline. The funny thing to
see, is seeing all the account managers stressing. I usually offer my help. which they
finally calm down.
The most important thing that I learn from this company, is the organisation within the
company. If I am the manager of my department, as well as other departments, I will
definitely do it in a very different way. Yeah, I really do not like the way of how it
is now. It is choatic and not-well-organised. None of the managers do really have an
overview of what is going with their employees. Because of the bad organisation, we
usually do not work efficiency and besides we also get complaints from our clients.
Anyway, the offer of what my manager gives to me, is nothing special. There is no
challenging in it. I am sure I will go for other kind of jobs. Working in an IT
world can be nice, but it cannot give me the things I really want, which is helping
people to stand up and making money to feed themselves.
At Monday evening, I went to Delft to meet Zhoaduan. I needed his verification of the
solutions I have for the Analog IC Design exam. Although I came to meet him for
discussing, we mainly talked about doing business. He is a very good and smart guy
who can give me good feedbacks on the things I like to do. If my future allows, I like
to start a business with him.
The next day, is also a working day for me. Gabor, who is my manager, was not in. So,
I was there with Rudy, my colleague, who joined our team as a full-timer six months
ago. He is an old man, who is looking for retirement. I am told by Sing, that he was
a manager before. He became tired of managing people, so he looked for something else
to do, which he finally joined our testing team.
That day, we were talking about Gabor. Our conclusion is that Gabor is not a good
manager. He lacks of skills of the manager. That is not surprisely, because he has
never had any manager skills before. What I also notice, is that he has no power to
convince people. When he tried very hard to get me to work for Albumprinter as a
full-time tester, I really think he is so useless. I only listened and waiting for
him to cut off his talk.
While I was working, I received an e-mail of Sjaak. He said that I had to build the
whole electronic for the fluorescence meter. I was so shocked when I read that e-mail.
At that moment, I was sure I will not finish my M.Sc. thesis by September. I set my
msn message to: "I see THE END OF THIS WORLD".
The only one who can save me, is my professor from my U. Since I have an appointment
with him (and Dafina) the next morning, I really hope all the best for myself.
Luckily they suggest me to allow to "copy" the design of the current measurement
system. That would save me alot of time.
My M.Sc. is more or less clear to me now. Their goal is to make everything in a chip.
After finding out if I have the good substance for measuring the CO2 and how it behaves,
my next task is to build the device and doing in more and more dept in the measurements.
The final task is to make all the things possible in chip size. In that chip, I also
have to include the design of the oxygen sensor which Dafina is working for her Post
Doc research.
After having a talk with my professor and Dafina, I meet up Jan Wieber. In the afternoon,
we have the Analog IC Design exam. The evening before, I teached Sing about what I know
from that course. Because of the very tight time, he was not able to pick up all the
things I explained to him. After the exam, when I talked to him, I asked him how the exam
was. He said, that he did not well. Jan Wieber thinks he will probably pass for that
exam.
At Thursday, I go to TNO Zeist for creating the coating for my sensor. I talked to Sjaak
about making the device for the measurements. Sjaak said that it is not easy to copy the
device. He said, it might be better to modify a system that they have in spare, which
is used for measuring the oxygen gas. But Sjaak said that he will come with some
suggestions next week. I really hope that it will save mine time, since what my professor
and Dafina want, is implementing all the things on a chip, which is a very challenge task
for me.
After having the different concentration of the coating, I immediately head to my U for
the thickness measurements in the clean room, which I am not allowed to enter by myself
since I need to do the security courses first. Coincidentally, the P.hD. guy who did the
thickness the measurements for me, is a guy I know. He also plays badminton, but we never
have played against each other.
His name is C.K. Yang. He comes from Taiwan. Although I brought my coatings to him at
Thursday, the measurements start at Friday. I joined him to go to the clean room, where
I told him how and what I like to measure.
That is what I get through this week. There were many shocking moments: 1. I have to build
a complete system 2. the thickness of my coating 3. the goal of my professor and Dafina

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home