0
comments
|
Saturday, September 24, 2011
"Good morning! My name is Kar Fee Tang!" This was how my first working-day started. I met two other office colleagues. They are from the same U, but their Master is Aerospace Engineering and Biomedical Engineering. I also have one other colleague. Her major is also Aerospace. I feel so stupid among all the smarties. I hope I can belong to them after 6 months.
My first working at Shell was very nice! It would be a great job where I can learn a lot. I will work as Project Analyst. I got all the responsibility of the project that I have to pick after two weeks. I am looking forward to it, since I am ready for challenges.
It is very noticeable that Shell is a multinational company. Although we mainly speak Dutch in our group, we have to communicate with all the people from all over the world. English is our language. I have worked in an international IT company before. But, to be quite honest, I don't feel much of the "international". We rarely got contact outside our company.
So far, I am very happy with this job. There are so many people who look up at me, since I got the honor to work for Shell. I am told it is very tough to get into Shell. But I believe that there is always a way to get through.
If I look at myself, I am just an ordinary guy. Among my colleagues, I am fresh-graduated without any impressing working experience. I am not smart though. I also don't have the sweet talk like other guys or salesmen. The only thing I got is patience and time. With this, I played my cards to win this opportunity to work in a very well known multinational company as Shell.
At my second day, I realised that I belong to the Delft Graduated Group. This name is printed on our door. No wonder that all my colleagues are from my U. Shell select the toughest studies from my U to work for them. That is very smart of Shell since these students belong to the top students of the Dutch U.
Which department am I working? The department is called HSSE. It means Health Safety Security and Environment. The name speaks for itself. All projects are related to these 4 aspects.
That is a short briefing of my working life. It is very different from running business and going to school. I need to bring my brains to work. I also have to sleep early. Besides, after work, I don't have much time left for buying grocery. Annie will come back coming weekend. She will stay a few days in Holland before she flies to UK to visit her friend. I hope she won't feel bored when I am not at home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home