0
comments
|
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Last Monday, the company called me for which I get the commercial assignments from. They said, they had a great news for me. The photo of the last shooting brings them a profit that is twice as much as they usually have. I am happy to hear this news, but why don't they give me some gift or money as an encouragement? :P
I really wonder whether I am doing a good job in photography. It was only 3 years ago that I started to take pictures. By that time, I realy had zero knowledge about photography. D70 with the kitlens was my first photocamera. I chose for Nikon since it seemed that D70 was a very good camera, which also was priced in my budget.
However, the pics I took, were nothing special. I am a very high demanding guy. So, I supposed that my kitlens gave crappy images. I went to visit forums to ask the guys who know where I could buy cheap lenses in Singapore. Then, I was impressed by the IR photography. Especially the series that my friend Stan took.
I joined the IR group and I learned a lot from all those guys. I know how to use Photoshop and I noticed that I was totally wrong with the kitlens issue. This kitlens really can produce very wonderful pics if you know how to operate it well.
Months and a year have been passed. I think there is no too much challenge in Landscape photography. Besides, landscapes in The Netherlands are not very impressive to me. I look for more challenge. I want to try model photoshooting, since I like to work with people. Who knows that I get paid for my shootings. And who knows I do commercial shooting for a company?
I want to start with my own business after my graduation. I have many businesses in my mind. Hopefully, all of them will bring me money. I will start with photography, since I noticed that this might be the best start, since I start to make some profits.
This week, I ask myself whether I will become successful in photography. There is a guy from my sensor group who says that he bought the digital camera because of me. He was impressed by my snapshots of dayout I took during the summer. He used to take film photos. People are interested in my PS workflow. And people asked me for advice for buying camera. It all seems that I become a real professional, which is ofcourse NOT true. I am just like many starters, holding the cam in his hands and snap here and there. There is one thing that people might think that I look like a pro. That is my equipments. They are:
1. Nikon D70 with kitlens
2. Nikon D2Hs
3. Nikon D3
4. Nikon AF-S 17-35mm f2.8
5. Nikon AF-S 28-70mm f2.8
6. Nikon AF-S 80-200mm f2.8
7. Nikon AFD 50mm f1.8
8. Nikon AFD 105mm f2.8
9. Nikon AFD 85mm f1.4
10. Manfrotto tripod (forget the serie)
11. Manfrotto 468MGRC4, HydroStatic Ball Head - RC4
12. National Geographic NGEH2, Hydrost Ball Head
13. Gitzo monopod (also forget the serie)
14. two SB-800
15. falcon eyes studio lighting and background support
16. Bowens Ringflash Pro
I leave other accessoires. But these items hurt my wallet alot!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home