0
comments
|
Friday, October 17, 2008
It seems like a good year to get marry or being attached. Recently, my supervisor (Dafina) is getting with my professor (Paddy). Later on, my friends talk about getting marriage this year of next year. Wati and Saleh, my study mates, do get married very short ago. This week, I received an e-mail of my pen pal in UK, who I lost contact for many years. She showed me her wedding pics. Gosh, this guy here has never touched a girl's hand before. I do not get jealous at them. In stead, I am very happy to see them finding their Mr. Right (quoted from Shan). Shan is also getting married at the end of this year.
It is really weird if I look back at the period of 10 years ago. Many things have happened in those years. Ten years ago, I started to get know most of my all Chinese friends. They were single and some of them are just 18 years young. Now, everything seems to be changed. Especially for my friends who are getting married or being attached. The only thing that remains untouched is me.
My friend from UK asked me whether I have a girlfriend now. I must laugh by her question. Many of my University friends do not understand why I am still single, since they do know I have many female friends and thus finding the princess must be an easy job. Other friends of mine think I am too picky.
Last weekend, I chatted with Annie (a friend of mine who I meet in Singapore). We chat about food (of course) and also about love topic. I told her that it is very difficult to find a good girl. She asked me what my definition of a good girl is. I told her this:
Good girl is a girl who:
1. do like her family alot:
- family is on top, boyfriend is the last
2. is a mature girl:
- do know what is good and what is wrong
- have sympathy for others
- capable girl who can manage things
3. do not like drinking and smoking
4. really do like and love her bf alot
5. do not have many (max.1-2) relationships before
Annie disagrees with me about point 5. She said, you should not look at someone's history. Apart from this criterea, many Chinese-Dutch-girls fail in my eyes on 1 already. It is very hard to meet the good girls I mean. They are already attached or they are hiding from me.
If I meet such a good girl, what can I offer her? Actually, I do not have many good things. I might be a bad guy in the eyes of some people. Or I might be a very boring guy, since I do not know how to please my girlfriend. Grabbing at my pocket, I do not have money for GUCCI bag. Looking myself in the mirror, I cannot beat Andy Lau/Tom Cruise/Brad Pitt. Listen to my heart beatings, it seems that my heart rarely pomps at topspeed, even when I meet a very pretty girl. Talking about love, I shared my love with my friends already.
Although, I seem to be so poor and bad, there is one thing that I have, which many people do not own. This is my friends who are always good to me. Their careness and love take my troubles away. I am really happy with them. My friends have their Ones and I have my friends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home