<meta name='google-adsense-platform-account' content='ca-host-pub-1556223355139109'/> <meta name='google-adsense-platform-domain' content='blogspot.com'/> <!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/30810858?origin\x3dhttp://karfee.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
0 comments | Friday, October 10, 2008

After having a very hard time (with respect to my project) in the past few weeks,
I change my way of work. From now on, I told myself, I will finished my project
by the beginning of next year.

I learn a very important thing of this great failure. First, the communication
skill with my supervisors are not what I expect. They want me to copy work from
Johan who almost finishes with his thesis. I finally do not listen to them, what
I am told, because 1. I will not learn the way he encounters the problems 2. I
want to do it by myself 3. there are many things that are not clear to me and
working with my own idea should be more efficient.

Talking about efficiency, I am not a very "efficient" student, since I am not
very motivated and I am lazy. That is why, I have not significant results when
I am back in Delft. But, from last Monday on, this will change.

Second, I note that "never give up" is a very important thing that you should
have in things you are working on. The very important additional issue is
having confidence in yourself. When your project seems like a hell to you,
which you cannot produce any meaningful results and which people demotivate
you to work well, you should not give up. The failure is not due the very
bad circumstances in which encounter you encounter is and where your hope
seems to be lost. The failure is the point which you give up yourself already.
One should understand that nothing goes without ups and downs. At the days
of TNO, I have my ups. These ups give me the chance to write two papers for
the US conference and the Dutch conference. The days in Delft are my downs.
My supervisors are discussing with me of what they should do with me in order
to finish my project with a satisfy result. So, don't throw the white towel
in the ring, you still have a breath to fight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home